1. How large is your music library? Are there any extra charges for special music requests?
We take approximately 14,000 songs (and growing) with us to every event, which can be played on-the-fly when requested. We have the ability to get almost any song with a total availability of approximately 20,000,000 titles.
2. How do you dress?
Peter typically dresses in a contemporary tuxedo (no 80’s tux here) and Paula typically dresses in black professional business attire. However, we can accommodate a variety of attire to fit the tone of your event.
3. Are you licensed and insured?
Yes, we are and are happy to furnish proof and always carry proof of insurance to each event.
4. What kind of equipment do you use?
Please click here to see our equipment page.
5. Do you bring backup equipment?
Yes, we always travel with backup gear. Many DJ's say they have backup gear, but don't actually bring it to each event, but have to send someone to the event if equipment should fail. We actually bring our backup equipment to each event.
6. What happens if I decide at my reception that I need my DJ to stay over the time stipulated in my contract?
This is not a problem. Unplanned overtime is charged on a per half hour basis and is due on the day of the event before you leave. We don’t even need cash; we can process a credit card transaction at the conclusion of your event.
7. How do I go about choosing music for my event?
We have compiled user friendly lists and on-line tools to assist you in picking music for your event. You can either choose to pick all of your music on your own or call on us to help! We have vast experience in helping you decide which music will move and motivate both you and your guests. Just let us know. We are on your team!
8. What will we cover in my consultation?
We will talk through many elements ofyour wedding day from schedule, flow, personality, music preferences, announcements, guest and family culture, MC style and more. We are experts in covering all of the details.
9. What type of deposit is required to reserve An Affair to Remember for my event?
A $200 deposit will reserve your date.
10. When will my balance be due?
Your balance is due two weeks prior to your event.
11. Who will actually perform at my event? Do you ever sub-contract to other DJ's?
Paula and Peter will personally DJ and M.C. your event. We do not sub contract our services to any other DJ's.
12. For an outside ceremony at the reception site, do you have two sound systems? Is there an extra charge?
We have a full-featured second sound system for ceremonies. This system includes wireless lapel mic's, mic's for instrumentalists and vocalists and a second computer full of music. Please contact us for more detailed information.
13. What areas do you serve?
We serve the Space Coast and Greater Orlando which includes Brevard and Orange County.
14. Is it customary to tip a DJ?
It is customary to tip a DJ, but tipping is entirely personal and voluntary. A typical tip a DJ receives from a satisfied customer is about 10%, but this is entirely up to you.
15. Do my total hours include set up and clean up or is that done outside of the hours that we have paid for?
Your included package time starts when we begin playing music and concludes at the end of the event. We don’t charge extra for the set up and clean up of our equipment.
16. What forms of payment do you accept? Do you offer financing?
We accept cash, check, Paypal and all major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover Card. We do offer a form of financing called BillMeLater. In many cases this could allow you to finance your service either in full or in part and may be interest free and/or have a 6 month deferred payment. To find out more, you can see the BillMeLater web site.